Sunday, January 11, 2009

This is why I love 2D!






I was rummaging through some work in my studio today, getting rid of some old work and came across a scene from "Good Wheel Hunting". I realized (as I always do) why I love 2D animation so damn much. It is that wonderful combination of a graphic image and a character pulled to the limits but still "designed", and still expressive. 3D is fine, but it cannot do this, it is never graphic and it is rarely random in terms of dimension and proportion, you just could not build a model that would successfully create this kind of effect. 2D can be so amorphous. Love that. I could go on and on, but I will let the pictures talk and shut my fat mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha I agree with that. Wow I remember seeing that pilot in '02.
Wish that had become a series, woulda been pretty great I think.