Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Time Code...backgrounds

Donna Grillo


Michael Palmer
Pictured are two paintings I have done recently that will serve as backgrounds for the date portraits that I am producing for my MFA painting thesis.  I have several more to go and will be cranking like a rusted jack-in-the-box, to get all the paintings completed.  I will be posting a ton in the next month or so.  The paintings below are for Donna Grillo and Michael Palmer.  Donna's is a whimsical background somewhat based in the cartoon art that I have done all my life.  Michael's is a heavily layered and primary, but hopefully peaceful and calm.  The subject chose the palette to work in and now the dates will be layered on.  That business will be produced in the printmaking lab at SCAD.

1 comment:

DONNA GRILLO said...

I love it! Can't wait to see the next step. This is a cool project.